by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
Can be made a day ahead
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
6 Tbsp Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
1 lb mascarpone cheese, room temp
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
24 oz pound cake, cut into 1 inch slices
3 -1/2 pint baskets (about 3-3/4 cups) fresh raspberries
1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Stir jam and 4 Tbsp liqueur in small bowl to blend.
- Combine mascarpone and remaining liqueur in large bowl to blend.
- Beat cream, sugar and vanilla in mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently mix 1/4 whipped cream mixture into mascarpone bowl. Fold remaining whipped cream into mascarpone.
- Line 9X13 inch dish with sliced pound cake, cover with half of jam mixture.
- Spread 1/2 of mascarpone mixture over jam mixture.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Cover with half of fresh raspberries.
- Repeat layering, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.