by Cindi Sutter, Founder of The Spirited Table®
My last minute Sunday Supper finds me grabbing the wok; mine is electric and I love it, but whatever you’ve got is perfect.
This particular evening I chose chicken and chorizo. In hind sight, I could have skipped the chorizo, too fatty. The veggies were literally whatever I had in the produce drawer. I even used the left-over salad from the night before since it was lettuce, celery, bleu cheese and carrots.
Don’t over think this, just try it.
1 large chicken breast
1/4 lb Chorizo sausage
1 small sweet yellow onion
3 large carrots
1/3 of fennel bulb & stem
3-4 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
2-3 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Yellow Thai Curry Sauce
White or Brown rice
- Turn wok on and bring to a simmer heat.
- Cook white or brown rice will you’re chopping.
- Slice chicken breast and sausage into thin strips. Chop onions, carrots, fennel bulb and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Place all chopped veggies (whatever you may have in your fridge) into the wok on simmer for about 7 minutes. Add cut chicken strips and sausage (again if you prefer fish or beef; perfect). Add curry sauce. Turn up the heat to about 275-300° and stir. Watch it for about 8-10 minutes, depending on your heat. I dumped the left-over salad on top at the end and stirred it about a minute.
- If your rice isn’t ready yet, you can always cover this and it will still be hot for at least 5-10 minutes.