by Mimi & Vera Levin, Tastemakers in Residence
February is right around the corner, and with that comes a mad dash to find the best Super Big Game Day snack for your football-viewing party. People often struggle to balance delicious and health-conscious recipes for this fun day, but don’t worry because we’ve got you covered. Whether you enjoy sweet or spicy, this simple turkey meatball recipe is sure to impress all of your guests!
2 lbs lean ground turkey meat
2/3 cup carrots (minced)
2/3 cup celery (minced)
½ cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green onion
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg + 1 egg-white
½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl
- Roll into 1 inch meat balls
- Cook for 15-18 minutes
- You can choose to toss your meatballs in buffalo sauce (we like Franks) or barbecue sauce or simply serve them plain!
- If you choose to serve them with buffalo sauce or plain, we recommend dipping them in Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.
- For a lighter option, use Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese or Classic Ranch!
This recipe takes only 25 minutes to prep and cook. The best part about it is that no one will even guess how healthy it is!