Makes 2 dozen cookies
1/2 lb butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup coconut
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped dates, raisins, dried cherries, or cranberries, or any combination
- Preheat ove to 350°.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and mix well.
- Add coconut, walnuts, chocolate chips, and dates or other dried fruit. Mix until combined.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 8 per sheet. Refrigerate for a few minutes so the dough doesn’t spread out too quickly while baking.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minute or until golden.