7 Course Sutter Supper
by Cindi Sutter, Founder of The Spirited Table®
Ayla and Leland Sutter visited us last week for 8 fabulous days. There really isn't anything that compares to grandkids laughing, biking, sharing a day at Valley Fair, lots of food, Children's Theater, Twins Baseball game, golf lessons-playing golf, watching movies, playing games and a boat ride; we packed it in.
The last night Ayla and Leland decided they wanted a "fancy" meal that was made up of mini portions. So they chose the menu, Ayla decorated the table and prepared food and Leland created a recipe for our Aperitif and also help prepare the food. Bob made the Paella and I made the Banana Cream Pie and a kid friendly version of Irish Cream with lots of whipped cream and ice cream.
Here are the photos and a couple of the recipes. The most important seasoning is a giant helping of love!
Leland’s Watermelon Cooler
Sunkist Diet Lemonade
- Carve out the watermelon and press through a sieve or a potato press.
- Use a mortel and pestel to grind the mint and add to each glass
- Top with Sunkist Diet Lemonade
- Portions to your taste.
Caprese Salad - Mini
- Assemble with your skewer of choice and sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
3 kinds of peppers
- Roll out the pizza dough into min sizes. Saute the peppers in butter and place on the mini pizza.
- Add Canadian bacon and shredded mozzarella. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crispy.
Carrots, Zucchini, Squash, Potatoes, Pepper or Veggies of your choosing
Salt and Pepper
- Place on skewers and place on BBQ pit or broil in a 450 degree oven.
Paella, Banana Cream Pie and Irish Cream are really winging it kind of recipes.