Celebrate the Lollipop
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
Gerber Daisies - fresh or permanent
- Cut stems off of lollipops then glue lollipop candy into center of fresh or permanent botanical flowers. (Hot glue dries fast)
Flowers of your choice - in this design; fresh green carnations and permanent daisies, butterflies on a wire stem.
4 ½” wet foam sphere or Styrofoam
Wet foam(Oasis) for use with fresh flowers. Use styrofoam for permanent botanicals
- Wet the foam, place in a decorative container with water.
- Place fresh flowers; in this example the green carnations, around the base. (you can use any flower you prefer)
- Glue Lollipops to the foam, candy side down, stems out.
- Add fresh flowers between candy, glue butterflies and or flowers to the ends of the lollipops.
- (Hot glue dries fast)
This can be another family/party project. Play around to put your stamp on the design. Experiment with an apple or pineapple. Remember, the sticks are made of paper, if they become wet they bend.