Iconic Summer Queso
by Becca Matheson, Tastemaker in Residence
For an unbeatable flavor that will leave everyone going back for more, stick to this classic Queso recipe. It never fails!
Block of Velveeta cheese
2 Cans of Rotel (hot or original, depending on your spice preference)
1 tsp cumin seasoning
- Cut the cheese into easy-to-melt chunks or slices
- Put cheese, 1 and ½ cans of Rotel and cumin in a pan on medium/low heat.
- When the cheese starts to get melty, stir ingredients together
- Stir occasionally (making sure the bottom doesn’t burn) until all the cheese is melted.
Serve with the chips for dipping and prepare for praises!
- If the Queso is too thick for your liking, add a splash of milk to thin it out.
- For an added treat, add cooked ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning to the queso.