Tortilla Chicken Drumsticks
YIELD: Makes 4 (main course) servings
ACTIVE TIME: 20 min
TOTAL TIME: 1 hr
8 ounces lightly salted corn tortilla chips
4 teaspoons chili powder, divided
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 large egg
2 1/2 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 10)
Accompaniment: lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle. Oil a large 4-sided sheet pan.
- Pulse chips, 2 teaspoons chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until coarsely ground, then transfer to a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg and remaining 2 teaspoon chili powder in a bowl.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Dip drumsticks in egg, letting excess drip off, then coat with crumbs, pressing to help them adhere. Transfer to sheet pan.
- Bake, without turning, until cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Serve with roasted potato wedges with cilantro-lime mayonnaise