Deviled Eggs & Perfecting Hard Cooked Eggs
by Mary Jane Miller, Sustainable Farming Association of MN
Perfect Hard Cooked Eggs
- Arrange eggs in a single layer in a saucepan.
- Cover with at least 2 inches of cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool in ice water of under cold running water.
8 hard cooked eggs, peeled
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Halve eggs and pop yolks into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon into reserved whites and garnish as desired.
Black sea salt
Toasted sesame seeds
Smoked trout chevrons
Crumbled blue cheese
Crumbled cooked bacon
Smoked salmon or gravlax
Crumbled kale chips
French fried shallots
Garlic scape pesto
Pickled milkweed buds or capers
Prosciutto, duck or pork