Crispy Baked Tilapia & Healthy Tzatziki Sauce
by Vera Levin, Tastemaker in Residence
1 large English cucumber peeled & diced
1 Garlic clove minced
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp fresh dill
3 cups Greek yogurt
4 Tilapia fillets
1 egg white
Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle diced cucumber with salt and place in colander. Let sit until much of the liquid has seeped out then drain and wipe with paper towel.
- In a blender add diced cucumber, garlic clove, lemon juice and fresh dill. Blend well.
- Stir this mixture into Greek yogurt, and add salt as needed.
- Take four Tilapia fillets and season with salt and pepper. Beat egg white until frothy, and brush onto the fillets. Coat the fillets with breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 425º for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is flaky.
- Serve with homemade Tzatziki sauce.