Orange Marmalade Bread
by Laura Frerichs, Tastemaker in Residence
recipe by Judy Nyagiro, 1st Place Winner in Quick Bread Category at 2nd Annual Bread Festival
2 cups Whole Milk
1/2 cup Orange Marmalade
1/2 cup Honey
4 cups (20 oz) All Purpose Flour
2 cups (14 oz) Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
- Combine milk, marmalade, and honey in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring often until cooled.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together. Fold milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Pour into two greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch pans
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour – until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If you want a glaze, melt some of the marmalade and brush on the top.
- Cool Loaves for 15 minutes in pans and then let them cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Gold Medal® Flour
2nd Annual Bread Festival