Shrimp Cocktails with Wasabi Tartar Sauce
Recipe from the Byerly Bag - submitted by Cindi Sutter
From the Byerly Bag - Byerly's Grocery Store
Tartar sauce sports a gentle wasabi heat, the perfect complement to briny shrimp.
Makes 6 Servings
2 quarts water
2 Tbsp Urban Accents™ Sonoma Pepper
1 lb large (16-20 count) shell on shrimp
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp wasabi powder
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Peppadew™ Mild Pepper sauce
2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 plus 1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 1/2 cups shredded bok choy
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, divided
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion tops
6 martini glasses
- Bring water and Sonoma Pepper to a boil. Add shrimp, cook 3-4 minutes or until opaque. Pour shrimp into colander and run under cold water to stop cooking process.
- Peel shrimp and reserve 6 whole shrimp for garnish, cut each remaining shrimp into 3 pieces.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, wasabi powder, Dijon, pepper sauce, lime juice and sea salt. Stir in 1/4 cup green onions and shrimp pieces. (Can be made day ahead, covered in refrigerator.)
- Divide bok choy among martini glasses. Sprinkle 1/3 cup green onions and 1/4 cup of red bell pepper. Spoon shrimp mixture into each glass and sprinkle with reserved green onions tops and diced red peppers.
- Place a whole shrimp on the rim of each martini glass.
Cook's Note - Beverage Recommendation: Sancerre