Half-time Chili Garlic Wings
by Katie Chin, Tastemaker in Residence
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp World Market Chinese Five Spice
½ tsp salt
2 lbs. chicken wings
½ cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 tsp fish sauce
¼ cup Mae Play Sweet Chili Sauce plus more for brushing
3 Tbsp Huy Fong Srircha Sauce
Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, five spice powder and salt. Place chicken wings in a large n bowl and toss in the flour mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce and Srircha sauce. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375°. The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep.
- Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Pour the sauce over the wings in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the wings on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Brush the wings with more sweet chili sauce before serving.