by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
Any Pumpkin, fresh or Permanent Botanical of any size
½ block floral foam
½ inch, Green Anchor Tape
Carving Knife and cleaning spoon
Three bulb acolyte—any color
Lots and lots of wrapped candy all sizes
Glue Dashes one for each piece of candy
2 Branches with Autumn foliages
2 stems Salal
Save the branches, all of the branches, all sizes
4-8 Coneflower pods
3-5 Yarrow (fresh or dried)
- Wet floral foam with fresh clean water with flower food
- Secure in container with Anchor Tape
- Set Pumpkin on top of foam-secure with floral tape around the base so you cannot see mechanics
- Glue candy on stems with the glue dashes
- Layer base with Salal and branches with leaves.
- Place the carnations, yarrow and coneflower, where you choose
- Insert stems of candy all around
- If you have carved the pumpkin place a liner for candy or put in an LED light.
- Eat your way through the party.