Peach and Raspberry White Chocolate Trifle
by Vicki Brunsvold, Tastemaker in Residence
Peaches and raspberries are in full season and delicious in this trifle. No pudding in the white chocolate cream cheese mixture and perfect for a large group gathering.
3-4 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
2 pints raspberries, divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces Ghiradelli white chocolate, melted in double boiler, cool slightly
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
12 ounces frozen pound cake, cubed
Grand Marnier (or can substitute orange juice)
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Toss peaches and 1-1/2 pints raspberries with granulated sugar in medium bowl.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla for 1-2 minutes.
- Add melted white chocolate.
- Slowly add cream, mixing at low speed. Gradually increase speed and beat on high until mixture is thick.
- Line bottom of large glass bowl with cubed pound cake. Sprinkle with Grand Marnier. Top with 1/3 of the mixed fruit and its juice. Add 1/3 cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with remaining 1/2 pint raspberries and toasted almonds.