Spirited Table Myths & Tricks
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
Table centerpieces must be short
Table centerpieces must be in proportion to the table and not interfere with conversation.
- The short designs are beautiful and appropriate
- The mass of the design should be close to 14 inches tall
- Candles or decorative accents that are thin and colorful may reach higher as long as one can see across and around the table.
- Placing a tall design on the table is acceptable if viewing is trouble free.
- Place flowers in the bottom of a tall vase, preferably a cylinder, and then fill the vase with water. One of the flowers that work the best are cymbidium orchids, but you can experiment. (I shared an arrangement Cindi Sutter used for a wedding reception; more wedding photos to come on August 26th, the 8 year anniversary of the bride and groom).
You will have a lovely table that is gorgeous.