Arrangements for Your Picnics
by Ardith Beveridge, Tastemaker in Residence
Sharp clean knife or Oriental Sheer
Basket (size, shape and color of your choice) and liner that fits tightly inside
1/3 block of fresh floral foam soaked in fresh clean water with flower food
Smaller liner for 1/3 block of wet foam
Small piece of Raffia
4 Red Carnations
5 Small Drumstick Allium
4 Stems Israeli Ruscus
4 sprigs of Basil tied with raffia
Be creative with the size, shapes, colors of fruit and veggies and flowers.
2 Fresh Corn
3 Colorful Peppers
1 piece of cheese
- Place 1/3 block of wet floral foam in small liner---add fresh clean water with flower food
- Set liner on one side of the basket
- Set Pineapple in the basket at an angle
- Take some of the covering from the corn to expose kernels, set in the basket
- Wrap the Basil stems with Raffia, lay it across the inside of the basket.
- Position artichoke, peppers and cheese keep the cheese wrapped. (food items can be whole or cut in portions)
- Place three Sunflowers to one side to frame the basket; in floral foam
- Add Carnations where you want color; in floral foam
- Insert the Allium in the center front; in floral foam
- Cut and insert Israeli Ruscus behind the Sunflowers and cover exposed foam with the remaining pieces.
- Add water to the fresh flowers daily.
Eat and enjoy!