Golden Parmesan Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Evelyn Rundquist, Madeline Island Historical Cookbook
6 large potatoes
1/4 cup sifted flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup butter
- Pare potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Combine flour, cheese, salt and pepper in a bag.
- Moisten potatoes with water and shake a few at a time in bag, coating potatoes well with cheese mixture.
- Melt butter in 13 x 19 pan. Place potatoes in pan.
- Bake at 375° for about an hour, turning once during baking. When golden brown, sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
(Evelyn Rundquist was a music teacher at the La Pointe School from 1960-1973.)