Mutha Bar-b-que Sauce - Dinosaurs Cookbook
by Barb Hamilton-Sustad Tastemaker in Residence - Recipe courtesy of Dinosaurs Bar-b-que Cookbook -
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion, small dice
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 can (28 oz.) tomato sauce
2 cups ketchup (preferably Heinz)
1 cup water
3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. allspice
- Pour vegetable oil in pan
- Add and sauté onion, jalapeño, salt and pepper until golden.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except Liquid Smoke) to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Liquid Smoke and let the sauce cool.