Truffled Mashed Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Sue Schwalbach
2 ½ lb large Yukon gold potatoes
1 ½ cup half and half
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 oz white truffle butter at room temp. (Zupans)
2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Peel potatoes and cut them in one inch chunks. Cover with water and bring to boil. Simmer for 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile heat the half and half and butter over medium heat until melted. Take off the heat and add the truffle butter and allow it to melt. If the butter does not melt completely return to the burner but do not allow the truffles to cook!
- With a hand mixer, beat the hot potatoes in the pot until they are broken up; slowly beat in most of the truffle cream, Parmesan, 2 ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper until potatoes are thick and smooth. You will have some truffle cream left over. Reserve it for reheating.
- To keep potatoes hot or to reheat, place them in a heatproof bowl sitting over a pot of simmering water. Heat slowly, adding more truffle cream if they get too thick.
- Season to taste and serve hot.