Basil Parmesan Mayonnaise
Recipe Courtesy of Sue Schwalbach
2 extra large egg yolks at room temperature
3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
½ cup freshly basil leaves, lightly packed
½ tsp minced garlic
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1 cup vegetable oil
½ cup good olive oil
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, Parmesan, mustard, basil, garlic, 1 Tbsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper in food processor with steel blade. Process for 20 seconds until smooth.
- Combine the vegetable oil and olive oil in a 2 cup measuring cup.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour the oil into the feed tube to make a thick emulsion.
- Taste for seasonings. The mayonnaise is a sauce so it should be highly seasoned.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.