Recipe courtesy of Mirabel Traditions: Magic from the Kitchen - Cookbook and Charyn Hoffman
This “puffy pancake” is our grandchildren’s favorite breakfast when they visit Opa and Oma.
Serves 6 to 8
3 Tbsp. butter
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
Optional: bacon, maple syrup or fresh fruit
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet. Swirl it around to coat sides.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk; add flour and salt. Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into skillet and bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes, until puffy and golden
- Top with bacon and/or maple syrup, or fill with fresh fruit.
- Cut into wedges and serve.