Broiled Salmon with Orange Miso Glaze
2 inches Ginger root, peeled
2Tbsp. Frozen orange juice concentrate
2 Tbsp. Mirin (instead of sugar)
3 Tbsp. White or light miso
1 1/2 lb. Fish Fillets
Toasted Sesame oil
- Grate the peeled ginger; then squeeze the ginger tightly in your had to extract the juice. Mix together the ginger juice, orange juice concentrate, mirin and miso, and stir until smooth.
- Clean and dry the fish fillets and lightly rub the bottom sides with toasted sesame oil. Place the fish in a baking dish.
- Broil the fish for 5 minutes about 3 to 4 inches from the flame. Then, spoon a generous amount of glaze on each fillet and continue broiling until the fish is opaque, about 5 more minutes. Watch carefully. You can brown the glaze, but do not allow it to burn.
- No reason for sugar in Japanese food prep - Sumura Organic is one good option
- You can mix Mirin with Rice Vinegar for a good salad dressing