I Did It!
by Becca Matheson, Tastemaker in Residence
Graduation is a grand occasion and you can help celebrate your graduate by being getting them a thoughtful gift. Some of the most popular and appreciated graduation gifts are:
- Professional paraphernalia such as portfolios or a nice set of stationary with resume paper
- Collegiate attire and keepsakes. It sounds silly since they’re just leaving, but they’ll appreciate the mementos and be happy to have them as alumni.
- Fun gifts or trinkets that are in the graduate’s taste
These are just a few ideas, and whatever you decide to get for your graduate will be appreciated.
Graduation is a joyous celebration and graduates are celebrating their accomplishments themselves too. Some fun trends to watch out for at your graduate’s graduation are:
- Cap decorations – everything from rhinestones and flowers to sweet messages, political statements, and goofy props
- For the ladies, statement shoes. Since the shoes are the only part of your outfit that can be seen under the gown, they’ve got to be bold.
- Hugging the dean or college president as they receive their diplomas. This occasion deserves more than a handshake!
However you celebrate, make sure to give the graduate in your life a joyful congratulation and lots of support as they make their transition into the “real world.”