Top 5 Favorite Spring Ingredients
by Bridget Levin, Tastemaker in Residence
Want to add a little zing to the same old same old menus and meals?
- Broccoli Greens - As tender new broccoli comes into the markets now, save the broccoli leaves and use them in your salads - a nice change from kale!
- Custom Brewed Teas - Ready for a new cup of tea? Try a custom brew like Mrs. Kelly's Apricot White - It's nice iced, too!
- Black Garlic - Add a little umami to a dish by using fermented black garlic - it adds a nice smoky, deep Asian layer to a dish.
- Chocolate Salt - Add a savory twist to any dessert or rim a chocolate manhattan!
- Foraged Foods - Want to find your own spring foods? Forage for watercress in clean streams or join a mushroom hunting group and spend the day seeking out the mushroom of mushrooms-morels!