Lemon Blueberry Muffins
This is a sweet muffin made with yogurt, which gives it a slight tang and a light, tender texture. These muffins are delicious for a midmorning snack or Sunday brunch.
Makes 12 Large Muffins
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter or line it with paper baking cups
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set it aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, oil, sugar, and lemon zest with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in half of the dry ingredients.
- Add one-third of the yogurt.
- Beat in the remaining dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with the yogurt, until the batter is well blended.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cups in the muffin tin.
- Bake until the muffins are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tin and serve them warm.