Asparagus Risotto with White Truffle Oil
by Barb Hamilton-Sustad, Tastemaker in Residence
You will never think of chicken as rubber again, when Barb Hamilton-Sustad uses Portobello's and Marsala wine to season a chicken breast. On the side or all alone asparagus risotto topped with White Truffle Oil is the perfect partner.
3 Tbsp. butter
2 bunches green onions chopped
1/2 c. chives chopped
1 1/2 c. Arborio Rice
5 c. chicken stock
1 bunch baby asparagus cut into thirds
1 tsp. white truffle oil
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
Fresh cracked white pepper
1. Sauté green onions and chives in butter.
2. Add rice and cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Slowly add stock 1 cup at a time, until absorbed, stirring often.
4. Add asparagus.
5. Drizzle with truffle oil then add grated Parmesan cheese.
6. Add white pepper to taste.