5 reasons for a once a month date
by Kiki Rosatti, Tastemaker in Residence
Taking your spouse on a date once a month sounds exciting, fun and well, healthy. To be perfectly honest, as parents of a 10-year-old, I have failed miserably in this department from day one. I have many excuses, and all of them are good, reasonable and sound. But if I were true to my beliefs, here are five reasons for taking your husband on a date once a month:
1. I believe the greatest gift you can give your children is a solid relationship with your spouse. It not only provides them with a good example of what a partnership is all about, it places a priority on the relationship between you and your spouse.
2. Taking the initiative to ask your husband out on a date, is an unexpected twist…and is a good example of your commitment to spending quality time together.
3. You choose the date, time and place so they can just enjoy.
4. Keep the date and location a surprise, so it gives you both something to look forward to once a month.
5. Since you made the ask, he has to pay! A true partnership. The sky is the limit - be creative!