Homemade Cinnamon-Apple Granola
by Zehorit Heilicher, Tastemaker in Residence
- 2 1/2 c. Rolled oats
- 1 1/2 c. Chopped pecans, (almonds or any other nut)
- 1 1/2 c. Dried cranberries, (Cherries, blueberries work well too)
- 1/2 c. Maple syrup
- 4 T. unsalted butter
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- Set the stage: Heat the oven to 350F. Combine the oats, pecans and cranberries in a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the seasoning: In a small pot, combine butter, maple syrup and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir to combine until the butter is melted and the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 seconds. Take off the heat.
- Season the granola and bake: Pour the hot syrup over the oat mixture and toss well to combine evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for a total of 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes and making sure the mixture does not burn.
- The granola is ready when it is a light brown and fragrant.
- Set the pan on a rack and cool completely.
Storing: Store the cooled granola in an air tight container or zip-top bag. Makes great gift!
Makes 5 cups