Cream of Asparagus Soup
by Barb Hamilton-Sustad, Tastemaker in Residence
2 bunches thin Asparagus (ends removed)
¼ cup Butter
½ tsp Thyme
¼ cup Dry white wine
1 cup Cream
2 cups Milk
3 cups Vegetable Broth
- Sauté asparagus, butter for about 10 minutes.
- Add thyme and wine; cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until wine evaporates.
- Then add cream, milk and vegetable broth.
- Cook until thoroughly heated-(Do not boil). Cool slightly.
- Put in blender and puree. Put back into pan and reheat.
- Top with Crabmeat and serve.