Chocolate Espresso Truffles
by Barb Hamilton-Sustad, Tastemaker in Residence
16 oz Semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup Whipping cream
2 tsp Instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
2 Tbsp Kahlua
About 1 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Stir first 3 ingredients in top of double boiler set over simmering water until smooth. Remove from over water. Whisk in Kahlua.
- Cool 15 minutes. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place cocoa powder on plate. Scoop chocolate mixture by very generously mounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheet, forming 1-inch mounds.
- Dust hands with cocoa powder; roll mounds between palms, forming smooth balls, then roll in cocoa powder to coat lightly.
- Return to sheet. Cover with foil; chill truffles until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature until slightly softened before serving.
- Makes about 40 truffles.
Can be made ahead. Chill in covered container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.