Bacon Wrapped Pork Kabobs
The smoky flavor of the bacon makes this dish a killer!
FOR THE RUB
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 slices smoked bacon, thickly cut, then halved
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 12-Twelve-inch skewers soaked in water for one hour, for serving
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the rub. Add the pork pieces and toss gently to coat.
- Wrap a half-slice of bacon around a piece of the pork and thread onto a skewer. Leaving a bit of room between each piece, continue until all the pieces of pork are skewered. Arrange the skewers on a large platter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the marinate and pour it over the kabobs. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare enough coals for a medium fire or set a gas grill to medium. Grill the kabobs over medium heat until they are just cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Mario Tailgates NASCAR Style Cookbook