Spicy Wild Turkey Frittata
Recipe courtesy of Jared Allen's - The Quarterback Killer's Cookbook
- 1 lb. dark meat turkey
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 sprigs thyme, removed from stem
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. ketchup
- 12 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbsp. goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp. sour cream
- Water to cover
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot over medium heat, add garlic, oil and white onion.
- Add turkey and brown evenly. Season with paprika, cayenne, chili powder and cumin, cover halfway with water, add ketchup and place lid on pot.
- Cook 30 to 45 minutes or until turkey is tender.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Remove from broth and shred with forks, until all turkey is in bite-size pieces.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add red onion, jalapeño and tomato to butter and cook until soft.
- Add turkey and cover with egg mixture.
- Once it starts to set, add goat cheese and finish in oven.
- Remove from oven when firm to touch.
- Add avocado and garnish with sour cream and favorite hot sauce.