Grandma Phyllis' Blintz Casserole
by Zehorit Heilicher, Tastemaker in Residence
- 2 packages blintzes, (12)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. fresh orange juice
- Cinnamon & sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, sour cream, sugar, lemon zest orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Grease a 9x13" glass pan and pour batter into it. Place frozen blintzes in pan and make sure that batter covers them.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F, uncover pan and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown and puffy. Serve hot accompanied with sour cream and a jam of your choice (strawberry is traditional).