Jared's Famous Pheasant Nuggets with Country Gravy
Recipe courtesy of Jared Allen's - The Quarterback Killer's Cookbook
8 pheasant breasts
2 cups flour
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice breasts, reserve trimmings.
- Mix all seasonings with 1-1/2 cups of flour, toss pheasant pieces to coat.
- Over medium heat in a heavy-bottom skillet, heat vegetable oil to the smoke point. Fry up diced pheasant until golden brown.
- Add half of the butter to baste, season with salt and pepper and hold in warm oven.
- In a small sauce pan add 1 teaspoon oil and pheasant trimmings coated with flour. Add garlic, onion and remaining butter and flour, and whisk in milk.
- Cook until thick, adding water as needed to thin to desired consistency.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.