Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Bars Gift Mix
by Christina Meyers-Jax, Tastemaker in Residence
ITEMS FOR GIFT MIX
- 1 Ball Wide Mouth Quart Jar
- 1 Ball Wide Mouth Lid and Band
- Jar Funnel
- Jar Tamper
- Recipe Card
MIX FOR JAR
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose ﬂour
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 c. DARK chocolate chips
Read all instructions for Pumpkin Pie Bars before starting. Assemble all supplies and ingredients.
PREPARING LAYER MIX
Layer first four ingredients into jar, firmly packing with Jar tamper in between each layer. Layer walnuts (pecans) and chocolate chips into jar, screw lid and band onto jar.
This will make one recipe of Pumpkin Pie Bars.
On the Recipe Card (attach to jar) write or type:
To Prepare Add:
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) cold sweet butter
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil lining.
- Remove walnuts, chocolate chips, pecans and oats from Jar and place in small bowl.
- Remove granulated sugar into small bowl.
- Put brown sugar and ﬂour in medium bowl.
- Measure 1/4 cup granulated sugar and add to flour mixture. Stir to evenly blend.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fold in oats, walnuts (pecans) and chocolate chips.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes. Lift from pan by grabbing edges of foil. Cool completely.
Yield about 24 bars